Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shopping

Today was an interesting day. Miki's mother asked me to come 30 minutes earlier than usual but did not say why. When I got there, she told me that Miki needed a calculator for school, and she wanted the two of us to go pick one together. I directed her to Staples and recommended the TI-83 plus, because it's what all the cool kids are using. (Well, it's the standard for high school students, so all the kids are using it. That includes cool kids.) It was a nice break from the usual routine, and I got to talk to Miki's mother a while, which was fun.

Yosuke and Yuki's mother was working on a presentation for her ESL class. Each person had to make a presentation about something from their culture, and she was talking about Japanese charms. She asked me to look over her presentation and make corrections, and we talked about charms and I asked her some questions. It was quite enjoyable.

No comments: