Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Book

Last week I mentioned a book I had Yuki read a bit. There were only ten minutes left in our session because she had some homework that took up most of our time. I shouldn't have had her start a book in ten minutes - it didn't give her enough feel for it and as a result it wasn't much fun. I also may have underestimated the English level of the book.

This week I tried a new book. It's a book with gorgeous pictures called Sugar Cane, based on the story of Rapunzel. Yuki had some math homework, but she had a good grasp of the topic and finished it quickly, leaving us with about 45 minutes to read. She got through half of the book. It was very enjoyable because we managed to get past the introduction and exposition to the heart of the story. She seemed to like the book, too. I hope next week we'll have time to finish it.

No comments: