Sunday, December 16, 2007

Midterms

Yosuke had one of his "off" days today, it seemed. You know how some days you can't seem to get anything right, and everything seems difficult? Yosuke has this occasionally (thankfully, it happens pretty rarely: about once a month or less).

Today wasn't so bad, though, because we were working on Geometry, not English (although I still spoke English to him). Yosuke is really good at math, so an off day for him is a normal day for anyone else when it comes to math. It's only a bit frustrating for me because I suddenly feel like I'm trying to explain proofs and parallelograms and such to Miki, who can barley stomach inequalities. (In fact, at one point, I had to spend ten minutes talking to Yosuke about inequalities so he could write one of the proofs. Sheesh...)

We didn't have any time to study for his English midterm coming up on Tuesday, so I asked him to review his notes on grammar alone, and I told him I would have some practice questions written for him. I'm not sure he understood that I would be quizzing him, but I know he at least got the request to study the notes.

Another "off" day is over. I'm thankful it came on a day where we were concentrating on math anyway and that it came before his midterms this week!

No comments: