Sunday, December 9, 2007

Introductions

It's only been six months since I started tutoring, but the experiences and insights I've gained so far have been monumental. I've decided to start a blog in order to organize and track these thoughts, as well as to share them with others.

Here's a bit about my work: I currently tutor three students from two families. My main student, Yosuke*, is a ninth grader in high school. His English is upper-intermediate level. I work with Yosuke anywhere from 6-8 hours per week. I also tutor his sister, Yuki, who is in the eighth grade, for 1-2 hours per week. Her English level is about upper-beginner or so. Finally, I also tutor Miki, who is in the 7th grade, for 3 hours per week. Her English level is the lowest of the three; she's a beginner.

Overall, I tutor approximately 11 hours per week.

*Names have been changed.

No comments: