Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SUMMER BREAK!!

The reason I haven't updated is not that I've been busy. My schedule's been different now that I'm on summer break, and I haven't set aside a time for updating my blog. I keep forgetting! Whoops.

Yosuke has an English EOC soon, and I'm worried about his chances of passing it. We've been preparing with an 8th grade reading EOG prep book, and he hasn't been doing well. As I've mentioned before, he has no analytic ability. It makes me want to cry!

He's having to write a paper for a history project. His topic is his grandfather's experience in World War II. He is unable to write a thesis, or even understand what one is. I've explained it many times, and one angle I tried one time was to tell him to "find meaning" in what he'd written. His reply was that his paper had no meaning - it was only about his grandfather and WWII. Argh!

No comments: