Wednesday, April 2, 2008

March Madness!

I found out today that Yuki enjoys playing basketball.

Earlier this week, I noticed a basketball by the front door. I had intended to ask whose it was, although I figured it belonged to Yosuke because he's into sports, but it slipped my mind. Then today when I was tutoring Yuki, the subject of basketball came up and she told me it was her ball. I asked her if she was interested in joining a team, and she said she wanted to try out next fall when she's in high school. I hope she's good enough to be on the team because I would really like her to play. Playing a sport on a team or club is a great way to learn a foreign language, or so I'm told. It has to do with focusing on the sport rather than the language, so that you lose your inhibitions and nervousness when speaking.

No comments: