Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hurray, Spring Break!

Well, my spring break was last week, but the kids' spring break is coming up soon. Normally, these breaks mean a cut in my tutoring hours, but this time it might not be the case.

Yuki is behind in Algebra because she missed a few days of school when she had orchestra performances. This is made doubly problematic because she wants to take Geometry over the summer to get ahead. Her teacher's opinion is that taking Geometry using the accelerated summer session will be too difficult, perhaps even impossible, for Yuki. I'm not sure how difficult it will be for her, although I'm confident that she can manage if she's willing to work at it.

Anyway, the upshot is that next week, I'll be working a lot with Yuki reviewing Algebra topics. I'm looking forward to this. Yuki is a fast learner, but not as fast as Yosuke. Teaching Yosuke math topics seems almost pointless; he picks up on them immediately and just zooms through the problems. It makes me feel rather superfluous! Yuki, on the other hand, actually needs instruction, but she's not as clueless as Miki. Essentially, she's just right.

No comments: