Monday, March 24, 2008

Exhaustion

Tutoring was fun today, but it was exhausting! I tutored Yuki for two hours. I thought the time would drag by, but it was actually pleasant. Two hours turned out to be perfect to cover a whole chapter in her Algebra textbook. Teaching the material and doing some practice problems took about an hour and 45 minutes, and then the last 15 minutes was spent doing some problems from the chapter review to make sure she learned it all. I was impressed with her ability to pick up on all the material and handle a massive amount of new ideas.

I tutored Yosuke for two hours, and that's when I ran out of energy. I made it through okay, though. We spent the first part of the session discussing his courses for next year, and then we read some of The Odyssey. We were in the middle of a boring part of the story, though, so it dragged a bit. Tomorrow I'm going to skip ahead to a more interesting part. We should be able to fill in any necessary details later.

Wow, I'm so tired!

No comments: