Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let's Relaxing

Despite my frustrations, I really enjoy tutoring Miki. I can't decide if I'm more like Yosuke or Miki, but I think Miki reminds me more of myself. Yosuke is rather straight-laced, and while he appreciates a good laugh every now and then, for the most part he keeps the tutoring sessions formal. Miki, however, can relax and have fun.

Her interactions with her mother also remind me of myself. For example, today her mother served us some yummy chocolate mouse stuff. Miki was too busy to eat hers while we were working, but when we finished she grabbed it and walked around eating it. Her mother said, "I wish you would sit down while eating that," and Miki sarcastically sat down on the floor right where she had been standing. It was a funny little gesture, and it made both her mother and me laugh.

Miki is such a sweet, lively girl that I can't help being fond of her. Now, if only she would stop resisting learning English...!

No comments: